Most recent posts
- Flash Competition – Winner gets to write where Hemingway did!
- 2015 Storgy Short Story Competition
- Grace Marion Wilson Emerging Writers Competition
- Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers
- Calling All Fiction Writers! – The Big Issue
- Overland journal – call for submissions
- Procrastination confessions
- Best Australian Science Writing 2015 – call for submissions
- Feeling the Love?
- When life hands you lemons…..
Find a post onacademia behavioural science brian boyd call for submissions career cognition Competitions conferences confidence confirmation creative non-fiction creative thesis creative writing creative writing tips creativity culturonics curiosity editing emerging writers events evolution festivals flash fiction forgetting free will genes history of emotions how to get published interdisciplinarity linguistics literary darwinism literary studies lit reviews magazines major life events and study memory Methods micro-lit music narrative narrators negative space neuroscience Non-fiction note taking online lectures patterns play presentations procrastination proof reading punctuation research rough draft science short stories story starter ideas study blues study plan study tips theory thesis writing Vienna word counts words work life balance writer's block writers worth checking out writing process
- RT @ItsMelShoe: As Voltaire once said: #corybernardiwankpuffin 1 year ago
- RT @DanielAndrewsMP: I wrote a letter to the Prime Minister today. #LetThemStay https://t.co/AtekuC1GYh 1 year ago
- RT @D_Woz: I usually keep my mouth shut on such topics, but this is strong youtube.com/watch?v=XXUZjy… 1 year ago
- RT @Roddlez1: There is no law that says you MUST sing the national anthem, anymore than I MUST say the Lord's Prayer at a funeral. #ThePro… 1 year ago
- SO disappointed that no-one on the desk stood up against Steve's ridiculous berating of a reasonable argument #TheProjectTV 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Competitions
All you young ones out there (under 30s) check out the The Scribe Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers. They are looking for longer pieces – 5,000 – 10,000 words. Great prizes – $1500; plus meeting with a publisher or editor, who will … Continue reading
The wonderful ladies at Spineless Wonders are calling for submissions for the 2015 Joanne Burns Award. They are looking for pieces under 200 words (YAY!!!!). With the winner bagging a nice cash prize and all worthy entries getting publication in one the only Australian anthologies dedicated … Continue reading
Four rejections, so far, and no acceptances… Starting to feel like a real writer. For other the creative writers, there are many opportunities for publication – the first step though is to get your work out there. Here is a … Continue reading
Here is another competition – open to all Aussie residents and conducted by the School of Letters Arts and Media, The University of Sydney – The David Harold Tribe Fiction Prize. There is also a poetry prize, but it is not currently … Continue reading
The next round of the Glimmer Train Short-Story Award for New Writers closes August 31st – so if you have something sitting in the drawer, why not give it a go. It cost $15.00, but there is an open submission section as … Continue reading
FYI – Overland/Victoria University Short Story Prize is open for submissions. Maximum 3000 words. Entries close 31st August 2014. This one has a massive $6000 prize. With $1000 for the two runners up, as well publication for all three in the Overland … Continue reading
The Monash Prize is calling for submissions. It is open to all undergrad (and Honours) Creative Writing students in Australian and New Zealand. They are looking for 1500-3000 words and “All types of creative writing will be accepted, including short stories, non-fiction … Continue reading
The Glimmer Train open fiction short story prize closes on 30th September. They’re looking for stories 2000 words plus, with good cash prizes and possible publication. Good luck!