Most recent posts
- Flash Competition – Winner gets to write where Hemingway did!
- 2015 Storgy Short Story Competition
- Grace Marion Wilson Emerging Writers Competition
- Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers
- Calling All Fiction Writers! – The Big Issue
- Overland journal – call for submissions
- Procrastination confessions
- Best Australian Science Writing 2015 – call for submissions
- Feeling the Love?
- When life hands you lemons…..
Find a post onacademia behavioural science brian boyd call for submissions career cognition Competitions conferences confidence confirmation creative non-fiction creative thesis creative writing creative writing tips creativity culturonics curiosity editing emerging writers events evolution festivals flash fiction forgetting free will genes history of emotions how to get published interdisciplinarity linguistics literary darwinism literary studies lit reviews magazines major life events and study memory Methods micro-lit music narrative narrators negative space neuroscience Non-fiction note taking online lectures patterns play presentations procrastination proof reading punctuation research rough draft science short stories story starter ideas study blues study plan study tips theory thesis writing Vienna word counts words work life balance writer's block writers worth checking out writing process
- RT @DanielAndrewsMP: I wrote a letter to the Prime Minister today. #LetThemStay https://t.co/AtekuC1GYh 1 year ago
- RT @D_Woz: I usually keep my mouth shut on such topics, but this is strong youtube.com/watch?v=XXUZjy… 1 year ago
- RT @Roddlez1: There is no law that says you MUST sing the national anthem, anymore than I MUST say the Lord's Prayer at a funeral. #ThePro… 1 year ago
- SO disappointed that no-one on the desk stood up against Steve's ridiculous berating of a reasonable argument #TheProjectTV 1 year ago
- I just uploaded 'Writing DNA: How does Behavioural Biology Influence the Creative Writer?' to @academia! academia.edu/16759390/Writi… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: literary darwinism
For those interested in Cognitive and Evolutionary Literary Theory – here is a great nutshell sized article by Brian Boyd. Boyd was the writer that started my PhD journey, offering the central premise of my thesis – that fiction is a form … Continue reading
Here’s a link to a lecture by Brian Boyd, on Cognitive and Evolutionary Literary Theory. It covers his theories really well and takes about 50 minutes. Also, it’s worth sticking around for the audience questions and comments at the end, … Continue reading
I am planning to write my own theory filled blogs, but until then here is a great one On Literary Darwinism. Part of my topic of choice. Love this poster? – here’s the source, thanks.