Most recent posts
- Flash Competition – Winner gets to write where Hemingway did!
- 2015 Storgy Short Story Competition
- Grace Marion Wilson Emerging Writers Competition
- Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers
- Calling All Fiction Writers! – The Big Issue
- Overland journal – call for submissions
- Procrastination confessions
- Best Australian Science Writing 2015 – call for submissions
- Feeling the Love?
- When life hands you lemons…..
Find a post onacademia behavioural science brian boyd call for submissions career cognition Competitions conferences confidence confirmation creative non-fiction creative thesis creative writing creative writing tips creativity culturonics curiosity editing emerging writers events evolution festivals flash fiction forgetting free will genes history of emotions how to get published interdisciplinarity linguistics literary darwinism literary studies lit reviews magazines major life events and study memory Methods micro-lit music narrative narrators negative space neuroscience Non-fiction note taking online lectures patterns play presentations procrastination proof reading punctuation research rough draft science short stories story starter ideas study blues study plan study tips theory thesis writing Vienna word counts words work life balance writer's block writers worth checking out writing process
- RT @ItsMelShoe: As Voltaire once said: #corybernardiwankpuffin 1 year ago
- RT @DanielAndrewsMP: I wrote a letter to the Prime Minister today. #LetThemStay https://t.co/AtekuC1GYh 1 year ago
- RT @D_Woz: I usually keep my mouth shut on such topics, but this is strong youtube.com/watch?v=XXUZjy… 1 year ago
- RT @Roddlez1: There is no law that says you MUST sing the national anthem, anymore than I MUST say the Lord's Prayer at a funeral. #ThePro… 1 year ago
- SO disappointed that no-one on the desk stood up against Steve's ridiculous berating of a reasonable argument #TheProjectTV 1 year ago
Tag Archives: presentations
Friday was a big one and it kicked off with another excellent session – this time on the short-short story. All three panelists were such an inspiration, giving me lots of excellent examples of writers, who are playing in the playground I … Continue reading
Conference attendances and presentations are one of the obligations of the PhD student. I went to a conference last week and I’m off to another next week. It is definitely a fabulous perk. I am going to Vienna to the … Continue reading
As serious PhD students we are always being told of the importance of getting ourselves to conferences and getting our work out there. Here are a few conferences that are right up my alley and you might also be interested … Continue reading
The Melbourne Writers Festival starts in just 10 days. Unfortunately, most of the workshop sessions are already sold out, but there are still plenty of events to attend, catering for all sort of interests.
Here is another great talk from TED called What we learned from 5 million books, worth watching for the graphs alone. It looks at a new technique of data analysis called n-grams; where you can take a word, or a phrase, … Continue reading
For those of you with their WIP day coming up, or for those getting ready for their 3 minute thesis presentations, here is a handy post from The Thesis Whisperer (again) – Four Ways to Rock Your Next Talk. The only … Continue reading