Most recent posts
- Flash Competition – Winner gets to write where Hemingway did!
- 2015 Storgy Short Story Competition
- Grace Marion Wilson Emerging Writers Competition
- Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers
- Calling All Fiction Writers! – The Big Issue
- Overland journal – call for submissions
- Procrastination confessions
- Best Australian Science Writing 2015 – call for submissions
- Feeling the Love?
- When life hands you lemons…..
Find a post onacademia behavioural science brian boyd call for submissions career cognition Competitions conferences confidence confirmation creative non-fiction creative thesis creative writing creative writing tips creativity culturonics curiosity editing emerging writers events evolution festivals flash fiction forgetting free will genes history of emotions how to get published interdisciplinarity linguistics literary darwinism literary studies lit reviews magazines major life events and study memory Methods micro-lit music narrative narrators negative space neuroscience Non-fiction note taking online lectures patterns play presentations procrastination proof reading punctuation research rough draft science short stories story starter ideas study blues study plan study tips theory thesis writing Vienna word counts words work life balance writer's block writers worth checking out writing process
- RT @DanielAndrewsMP: I wrote a letter to the Prime Minister today. #LetThemStay https://t.co/AtekuC1GYh 1 year ago
- RT @D_Woz: I usually keep my mouth shut on such topics, but this is strong youtube.com/watch?v=XXUZjy… 1 year ago
- RT @Roddlez1: There is no law that says you MUST sing the national anthem, anymore than I MUST say the Lord's Prayer at a funeral. #ThePro… 1 year ago
- SO disappointed that no-one on the desk stood up against Steve's ridiculous berating of a reasonable argument #TheProjectTV 1 year ago
- I just uploaded 'Writing DNA: How does Behavioural Biology Influence the Creative Writer?' to @academia! academia.edu/16759390/Writi… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: procrastination
I have been ‘doing’ a PhD for 3 years now and in that time I have become an expert in the art of procrastination. I thought you might like it know it is possible to complete (almost) a PhD and … Continue reading
I was not in the mood for writing today, so, instead of my usual method – forcing myself to sit down and not move until I write something/anything – I decided to let it all go and just play on the … Continue reading
I have been busy for the past little while, so here is a totally random story I found on the inspiration Collosal Art website. A Couple Leaves their Jobs to Build a House of Windows in the Mountains of West … Continue reading
I am at that stage of my PhD where I have gone too far to turn back, and I’m now just starting to fully appreciate how much work I still have left to do. I haven’t done nearly enough reading. I … Continue reading
Slightly off topic, but this is such a fun blog site and this is one of my favourites –The World’s Top 10 Best Images of Climbing Goat.
My supervisor has set me a challenge. OK, so not so much a challenge, but I see it as a challenge. He asked me what time of the day I felt I did my best writing. I said after lunch. … Continue reading
Here is a link to: Miranda July’s Short Film on Avoiding the Pitfalls of Procrastination. To help you procrastinate a little longer. Procrastination is a crucial part of the creative process. I don’t call it procrastination anymore, I call it “knowledge consolidation … Continue reading
Because I haven’t been writing (well, not blogging anyway) for a while, I thought an article on writer’s block might be useful, so here is one from Brain Pickings called How to Break Through Your Creative Block. Hope it helps.