Most recent posts
- Flash Competition – Winner gets to write where Hemingway did!
- 2015 Storgy Short Story Competition
- Grace Marion Wilson Emerging Writers Competition
- Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers
- Calling All Fiction Writers! – The Big Issue
- Overland journal – call for submissions
- Procrastination confessions
- Best Australian Science Writing 2015 – call for submissions
- Feeling the Love?
- When life hands you lemons…..
Find a post onacademia behavioural science brian boyd call for submissions career cognition Competitions conferences confidence confirmation creative non-fiction creative thesis creative writing creative writing tips creativity culturonics curiosity editing emerging writers events evolution festivals flash fiction forgetting free will genes history of emotions how to get published interdisciplinarity linguistics literary darwinism literary studies lit reviews magazines major life events and study memory Methods micro-lit music narrative narrators negative space neuroscience Non-fiction note taking online lectures patterns play presentations procrastination proof reading punctuation research rough draft science short stories story starter ideas study blues study plan study tips theory thesis writing Vienna word counts words work life balance writer's block writers worth checking out writing process
- RT @DanielAndrewsMP: I wrote a letter to the Prime Minister today. #LetThemStay https://t.co/AtekuC1GYh 1 year ago
- RT @D_Woz: I usually keep my mouth shut on such topics, but this is strong youtube.com/watch?v=XXUZjy… 1 year ago
- RT @Roddlez1: There is no law that says you MUST sing the national anthem, anymore than I MUST say the Lord's Prayer at a funeral. #ThePro… 1 year ago
- SO disappointed that no-one on the desk stood up against Steve's ridiculous berating of a reasonable argument #TheProjectTV 1 year ago
- I just uploaded 'Writing DNA: How does Behavioural Biology Influence the Creative Writer?' to @academia! academia.edu/16759390/Writi… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: short stories
Applications are open for the 2015 Grace Marion Wilson Emerging Writers Competition. Two writers will win a $1000 cash prize for a piece of short fiction or creative non-fiction (2000-3000 word limit). Two runners up will also receive prizes of … Continue reading
The Big Issue is looking for fiction (between 300 and 2500 words) for their 2015 Fiction Edition. With the chance to be published alongside some very well established writers (TBA), last year’s edition had a circulation close to 30,000, nationally. Entries (by … Continue reading
Big news over at The Lifted Brow: with a great experimental non-fiction prize and submissions open for their relaunched print magazine editions (fiction and non-fiction). It is a fantastic opportunity if you have the right kind of piece. Their guidelines are pretty generous so, if … Continue reading
The wonderful ladies at Spineless Wonders are calling for submissions for the 2015 Joanne Burns Award. They are looking for pieces under 200 words (YAY!!!!). With the winner bagging a nice cash prize and all worthy entries getting publication in one the only Australian anthologies dedicated … Continue reading
Four rejections, so far, and no acceptances… Starting to feel like a real writer. For other the creative writers, there are many opportunities for publication – the first step though is to get your work out there. Here is a … Continue reading
Here is another competition – open to all Aussie residents and conducted by the School of Letters Arts and Media, The University of Sydney – The David Harold Tribe Fiction Prize. There is also a poetry prize, but it is not currently … Continue reading
Here’s another great short I came across recently, too good not to share, by Ravi Mangla – Feats of Strength, published in Tin House.