Most recent posts
- Flash Competition – Winner gets to write where Hemingway did!
- 2015 Storgy Short Story Competition
- Grace Marion Wilson Emerging Writers Competition
- Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers
- Calling All Fiction Writers! – The Big Issue
- Overland journal – call for submissions
- Procrastination confessions
- Best Australian Science Writing 2015 – call for submissions
- Feeling the Love?
- When life hands you lemons…..
Find a post onacademia behavioural science brian boyd call for submissions career cognition Competitions conferences confidence confirmation creative non-fiction creative thesis creative writing creative writing tips creativity culturonics curiosity editing emerging writers events evolution festivals flash fiction forgetting free will genes history of emotions how to get published interdisciplinarity linguistics literary darwinism literary studies lit reviews magazines major life events and study memory Methods micro-lit music narrative narrators negative space neuroscience Non-fiction note taking online lectures patterns play presentations procrastination proof reading punctuation research rough draft science short stories story starter ideas study blues study plan study tips theory thesis writing Vienna word counts words work life balance writer's block writers worth checking out writing process
- RT @DanielAndrewsMP: I wrote a letter to the Prime Minister today. #LetThemStay https://t.co/AtekuC1GYh 1 year ago
- RT @D_Woz: I usually keep my mouth shut on such topics, but this is strong youtube.com/watch?v=XXUZjy… 1 year ago
- RT @Roddlez1: There is no law that says you MUST sing the national anthem, anymore than I MUST say the Lord's Prayer at a funeral. #ThePro… 1 year ago
- SO disappointed that no-one on the desk stood up against Steve's ridiculous berating of a reasonable argument #TheProjectTV 1 year ago
- I just uploaded 'Writing DNA: How does Behavioural Biology Influence the Creative Writer?' to @academia! academia.edu/16759390/Writi… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: study tips
My supervisor has set me a challenge. OK, so not so much a challenge, but I see it as a challenge. He asked me what time of the day I felt I did my best writing. I said after lunch. … Continue reading
I know there are plenty of you just starting your PhD journeys, and now the orientation days and the free lunches are over, you are probably wondering where to exactly start with this PhD thingamebob. I’m sure you have a rough idea … Continue reading
You may have noticed my absence – Sorry! For the past month I have been writing up my first chapter. Which, like a new teenage crush, has been all I can think about. I am coming up for confirmation next … Continue reading
I am not a behavioural biologist, but I do need a general understanding of it for my thesis – as well as, to work out what is going on in this photo. So how do I do this? Well, I … Continue reading
I am trying to write a methodological discussion without slipping into a coma. So, of course, I decided the Google would help, and I found this document from La Trobe Uni, which is a resource for pretty much every thesis … Continue reading
I love making lists. They are a great way of feeling like you are doing something, without actually doing anything. And I have noticed a few issues with my study practices over the first 4 months of my PhD, so … Continue reading